• Must have 4-5+ years of experience in Testing Software.
• Ideally has exposure to both Manual and Automated testing
• Thorough / detailed person required.
• Technical writing capability is required.
• Ability to understand the logs and message flows in the program.
• Ability to generate test cases based on detailed technical specs is required.
• Automated testing knowledge is a plus (currently using Groovy scripting for integration tests).
• Railroad knowledge is a big plus (TSS, hump yard, track mechanical devices).
• Knowledge in Eclipse used for test cases, Jenkins, Team Forge is a nice to have.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Able to research and apply knowledge effectively
• Self-motivated, responsible, cooperative
• Capable to quickly learn leading-edge technologies
• Entrepreneurial, energetic, and fun
• QA Tester include working in an Agile Scrum environment on a multi-year project for a highly critical software. The technical environment is mostly RedHat, front-end browser based, memory cached back-end with java and C++ as the underlying technologies. The candidate will be responsible for creating test cases out of technical or functional requirements and be able to test the product in trial. This testing will be in an open source environment with both manual and automated testing. Their architecture is highly technical and this individual will gather requirements, test the product on the UI, manual code testing and automated testing. Will need to understand logs and message flows in the program. Ideally need to have some scripting experience.